The first step after buying a new bike is registering it at the Regional Transport Office that is closest to you (RTO). Once registration is complete, the bike is given a special registration number, and the owner is given a Registration Certificate (RC). This registration number is required to operate a car on Indian roads, according to the Motor Vehicle Law.
Also, anyone can obtain a bike’s fundamental information, such as the owner’s identity, two-wheeler insurance information, the duration of its Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate, and road tax information, by utilising the registration number of the vehicle.
How To Get Two-Wheeler Insurance Details By Using Its Registration Number?
Your bike’s registration number can be used to recover the details of your two-wheeler insurance policy if you’ve misplaced or lost your bike insurance policy papers. with your bike insurance policy or if a traffic sergeant stops you and inquires about your insurance information.
It’s easy to find your two-wheeler insurance information using the registration number. Your bike’s registration number is linked to the two-wheeler insurance policy when you buy a bike or during bike policy renewal. You can use any of the following approaches to determine the insurance information for your bike using its registration number:
- Visit parivahan.gov.in, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways website. You will be taken to a page where you must input the registration number for your bike, and all of its information will be shown on your screen.
- Use your smartphone to download the “mParivahan” app. You can enter the registration number of your bike in the box and select ‘search’ after signing up for the app with your name and cell phone.
- To learn more about your bike’s insurance, go to the RTO’s official website and input your bike’s registration number. To learn more about your bike’s insurance, you can also physically visit the RTO and provide the helpdesk officer with your bike’s registration number.
- By entering the registration number of your bike and your registered mobile number on the website of your motor insurance provider, you can learn more about the terms of your policy. To obtain information about your bike insurance through its registration number, you can either visit your insurer’s local branch office or call its customer service line.
- You can obtain information about your two-wheeler insurance using its registration number using any of the techniques indicated above. To find out your bike insurance information registration number, go to the Insurance Information Bureau website (www.iib.gov.in), created by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). #
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.